Grilled Brie Cheese
Grilled brie cheese with nuts, dried fruit and honey. Serve with a good loaf of bread. To add that little extra luxury, top with fresh figs.
Ingredients• 1 brie cheese (a whole cheese)
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 150 g mixed nuts
• 50 g dried cranberries
• Dried apricots
• 5 dried figs
• 4 tablespoons honey
• 1 fresh fig
In Advance at Home
1. Chop mixed nuts and store in a small food/lunch box.
2. Chop the dried fruit and mix with dried berries and lingonberries. Store in separate food/lunch box.
At the Campsite
1. Roast the nuts in a dry frying pan and set aside.
2. Put the brie cheese in a frying pan and top with fruit, rusted nuts and berries.
3. Place the frying pan over the fire and cover with a lid or a plate. Wait for the cheese to become warm and soft.
4. Top with thyme and honey.
5. Cut a slice across the cheese and open it up.
6. Dip a good loaf of bread and enjoy!
- Tags: recipes