After several days of tough trekking, varying your food with different flavors can do wonders to your energy level.
Pro Tip: pack different spice-packs for your meals, could it be dried spices or as in this recipe, a homemade sauce. Yum!
Sauce:- 1 tbsp Tahini or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chili oil (or regular oil, just add chili flakes)
- 1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar of any kind
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Splash of hot water
Noodles:- 2 bundles of Soba noodles
- 6 pre-dried or fresh mushrooms
- A bunch of pre-dried or fresh kale
- Half a pre-dried or fresh zucchini
Serve with:- Sesame seeds
- Sun flower seeds
- Cashew nuts (or your favorite seeds and nuts)
- Fried egg
Directions:1. At home, mix the ingredients for the sauce together and place in a container or bag to bring.
2. At the cook site, soak any pre-dried vegetables for a couple of hours prior to use.
3. Cook the noodles in salted water, drain and put aside.
4. Fry the vegetables and add into the noodles, then mix in the sauce, seeds and nuts.
5. Fry the egg sunny side up and serve!
Eggs: Make sure to pack securely, so they don’t crack during transport.
Veggies, dried vs. fresh: You don’t have to pre dry your vegetables unless you’ll be out for long and don’t mind the extra weight. Bringing fresh vegetables are easy and a great way to keep the meal hearty